Wednesday, December 31, 2008
Tuesday, December 30, 2008
Monday, December 29, 2008
Tuesday, December 23, 2008
Thursday, December 18, 2008
Now that I am done with my wish list for Santa, I thought I would take a moment to share some pictures of our decorations outside the house. Some of the pics are not of the best quality but at least you get the idea ;-) Enjoy!
There are blue lights running through the riverbed..hard to see in the pic!
Up close with Santa and Rudolph! Santa's hand waves and Rudolph's nose lights up.
My favorite elf!
The elves rest on the other side of the drive along with some lit-up pine trees. Maye I can get some good pictures tonight and share the elves and the trees tomorrow along with the Christmas tree inside.
Have a wonderful day!
Tuesday, December 16, 2008
Soooo, the REAL reason for this post (no, it has nothing to do with porn in the kitchen!! PPfff...dirty minds!!), I'm just checking in with my dear friends to say "HELLO" and that I finished my large order of cookies and am continuing to receive more orders. I am absolutely thrilled and I feel like a lottery winner every time I log in to find I have had another sale. I'm sure you all can relate ;-)
Thursday, December 11, 2008
Tuesday, December 9, 2008
Saturday, December 6, 2008
Tomorrow is my GRAND OPENING for my new Etsy shop, Laura Lee's Tasty Treats. I am totally excited yet totally nervous at the same time. Two shops, a family to take care of (including all my four legged kids and one "fishy" kid), and a house to keep in order. But I have met several wonderful people who have multiple shops and still succeed with their businesses and their family. I guess it just wouldn't be right if I didn't get that nervous tickle, right?
I have some incredibly wonderful friends who had agreed to be my taste testers. They went above and beyond just tasting, they even shared with others! It was important to me that I shipped these to different locations to research the USPS mail time and, quite frankly, their "handling" practices. It was also important for me to know the consistency of the product once it arrived. So, to these fine friends, I thank you from the bottom of my heart and would like to present you with an award- the LAURA LEE'S TASTE BUD AWARD . And the winners are (envelop please...)
1. Mana Moon (also includes Sharon's son Josh her fabulous hubby D)
2. Angie Kelly Designs (also includes her fabdabulous hubby Dan)
3. Heart of A Cowgirl (she should be getting them today)
4. Hey Harriet (this wonderful young lady is a trooper! She is test tasting all the way from Australia!)
Thank you all so very much. Your feedback, good or bad, is a blessing :-)
I have another thank you for Mana Moon Graphics. I gave Sharon some colors and a "thought" of what I wanted for my banner & avatar, what she came back with just blew me off my feet! There was no adjusting (OK, maybe the name was changed since the original was too long for Etsy). The colors are perfect, everything is perfect. Thank you so much Sharon for a beautiful banner :-) I am going to be the hottest bakery on Etsy :-D
And last but not least, a big thank you to all of my friends and family for the support and your belief in me...that is really all I need to be successful ;-)
Well, that is it my friends. Don't forget to stop by my shop tomorrow and check it out. PLEASE keep in mind that since I am just now opening, I will not have all my items listed. I still have more baking to do so I can get more pictures! Anyone hungry?? HAHAHAHA!
lauraleestastytreats.etsy.com & anyoccasionboutique.etsy.com
Wednesday, December 3, 2008
Once upon a time I was one who wondered, “How can you become friends with someone you never really met in person?” I take the meaning of ‘friends’ seriously and thought it was not possible to have online friendships. I was VERY wrong. I feel the human touch from the kind words and love that is poured from my wonderful friends and I am thankful that my sister, Rocki, introduced me to this wonderful website. I have met some really great people that I know will forever hold a piece of my heart. So thank you for accepting me for who I am and creating a life long friendship.
Here is a great example of what I am talking about- I was awarded two blog awards yesterday. TWO! I am tickled pink and honored to accept them. Sharon of Mana Moon honored me with the beautiful Butterfly Award and Angie of Angie Kelly Designs awarded me with the Marie Antoinette award. Thank you Sharon and Angie for the fabulous gift and I will proudly share the awards ;-)
Now, I do not have a huge list of friends so I won’t be able to give these awards to ten people but I can give them to people who truly deserve them.
For the Butterfly Award, I bestow onto you:
Heart of a Cowgirl
Angie Kelly Designs
Scribbles of an Ancient Soul
Here are the rules:
1. Post a copy on your blog
For the Marie Antoinette Award, I bestow onto you:
Rocki’s Rock ‘N Beads/Supplies
The Mum and The Rose
Here are the rules:
1. Add the logo/badge to your blog
Thank you again for these fabulous awards. To my wonderful friends of whom I have bestowed them upon, do not feel you must forward these on but just know I sent them to you because I care about you.
Have a fabulous day :-D
Monday, December 1, 2008
Paul and I have almost completed decorating the outside of our house with our Christmas decorations. I still have a couple of plants I want to put lights on but, other than that, we are done with the outside. Now comes the tree; OH how I love decorating the Christmas tree! For the past couple of years my theme has been snowmen and snowflakes so my tree is primarily blue, silver and white. I have used only clear lights but I think I am going to try something new with my tree and add blue lights as well. I am only going to add a few strands since I have several blue ornaments. Anywhooo, this is my plan for later today and tomorrow.
That's it for now. Hope everyone enjoyed Thanksgiving with your friends and family :-D
Thursday, November 27, 2008
Tuesday, November 25, 2008
I was going to attempt to send pre-portioned cookie dough but the cost of shipping refrigerated/frozen items was ridiculous. Just shipping the cookies bars was a bit high but the data that was collected, a few would be willing to buy them. The cookie bars are heavy as are the Peanut Butter Jelly bars (above) and fudge brownies. But, after doing my research, it seems that people are willing to pay a little extra in shipping for homemade yummies!
Thursday, November 20, 2008
Tuesday, November 18, 2008
Monday, November 17, 2008
So I am back during the days again but I am going to look for another job. I need to work since my Etsy shop is extremely slow. I am going to be VERY picky this time around and I will to a thorough investigation of the place before I accept. I would like to say I got screwed but, in a way, this was a very valuable lesson.
A big thank you goes out to you, Sharon. You understood first hand what I was going through and you know where I am at now. You were a huge help in my decision making and could not thank you enough. Another big thank you to all of my wonderful friends who had to hear about the shit-hole and all my gripes. Thank you all so much for always being here for me. I love you all so dearly.
Have a wonderful day my dear friends!
Wednesday, November 12, 2008
Saturday, November 8, 2008
Friday, November 7, 2008
Tuesday, November 4, 2008
It's election day so don't forget to get out there and vote! As I say every four years, "If you do not vote, you do not have the right to complain." Of course that is if you are an American citizen ;-) Paul and I will be doing our part today so, please join us and VOTE!
Have a fabulous day :-)
Friday, October 31, 2008
Thursday, October 30, 2008
Wednesday, October 29, 2008
1. My family (husband, children, father, uncle, sister, brothers, nephews, wishing was niece (Lauren), distant cousins and the rest of my distant relatives). I love my family very much and I would be lost without them. There is not a day that goes by that I do not appreciate all of them. My family is what gives me the strength to wake up every morning and face the challenges put before me. I like to think of us as a flock of geese- when the leader is tired, he/she moves to the back of the flock to rest while another moves forward and keeps us in the right direction.
2. Gypsy & Sierra (my dogs), Happy & Maya (my cats), and Pepe La Zoom (my fish). They each have their own personality but the one thing they have in common is their love for me. Every morning I wake and every evening I get home, all of my animals and fish are wagging their tales, meowing/panting, and swimming wildly. When I am sad, Sierra always rests her head on me and looks me in the eyes as to say, “I love you, Mommy”. Every evening Happy climbs up on my chest and puts a paw on each side of my neck as is she is giving me a hug. Gypsy…weeeelllll….she is just AWLAYS excited to see me…even if I just walk in and out of a room, she gets so excited as if I had just made her day that much better. Maya, she’s a stubborn cat but she loves me dearly and always waits for me by my door when she hears my alarm clock go off. Pepe. Well, all I have to do is walk into my bedroom and he begins swimming circles and will literally swim back and forth as I walk past him. They may not be human but they all express their love like one!
3. FOOD! Yes, food. I know that most people would say I have a “food addiction” since food makes me happy. Well, maybe they are partially right HOWEVER I still enjoy trying new foods and making my favorite recipes. And if loving food is an addiction then arrest me for enjoying family and friends over great conversations and fabulous foods.
4. The beach. I LOVE the beach. I have a saying when Paul tells me I am getting on his nerves, “Just give me a PB&J (or honey) sandwich, a diet coke, and drop me off at the beach….you won’t hear a peep from me for the rest of the day!” I love the peacefulness, the serenity, and the magnificent views at the beach. It clears my mind and I think of nothing. Aaaahhhhhhhh……..peace.
5. My Etsy shop. I had played around with the idea of selling my cards but never thought I would really enjoy it. I was wrong. I was sooo very wrong! I love it and do not ever want to give it up (thank you Rocki for getting me started 0 ;-)
6. I saved one of things most precious to me, next to my family, that makes me every so happy…my friends. I told one of my friends recently that I have only a handful of true friends but I have several acquaintances. The meaning of ‘friend’ is widely taken advantage of and, sadly, ‘friend’ is just a word to many and not a meaning. So, to my friends, I do adore each of you and love you very much. You are my friend, my confidant, my heart.
So there you have it…the top six “what makes me happy”. Technically, I can tie these into one….#1 thing that makes me happy is my life. These six happy things make up my life; they make me smile every day and encourage me to keep pushing forward. I love my life and I love all of you!!
Since most of the people I know have already been given this award, I only have a few..
My newest friend, Elayne, of PupLove
Little Man Josh of Scribbles of an Ancient Soul
Damien of The Phoenix Commentaries
That's it! I hope you enjoyed learning a little more about me!
Tons of hugs,
Monday, October 27, 2008
I spent my birthday hiking at Sabino Canyon in Tucson, AZ. with my husband (one of my favorite places to hike) and then had a fabulous dinner with some friends at The Melting Pot; it is a fondue style restaurant. I love Sabino Canyon for its diverse scenery…you will be hiking along a desert path and turn the corner to white sand and lush green trees. It is absolutely amazing. Here are a few pics I took along the way:
We did have a few visitors along the way-
Dinner was a little less hazardous. I wish I had pictures to share but we were having so much fun we forgot to snap a few! For those who are not familiar with The Melting Pot, it is a fondue style restaurant where YOU actually cook the food. I’ve seen another restaurant that puts the cooking method at your table but they put the food in it instead of you. Not at The Melting Pot (geesh, one would think I’m advertising for them). Here you choose your cooking method, the foods you want to cook, and YOU do the cooking…or should I say fonduing? There are several cheese fondues to choose from for the hors d’oevres and the chocolate fondues are to die for! OOOOOOH MAN!!!!!!!! I just ate dinner but I think I’m getting hungry again!!!! LOL!
So, this was how I spent my birthday weekend and had an absolute blast. Even though I came home with a minor injury, it was all worth it! Thank you, again, to everyone for the beautiful greetings ;-)
Love and hugs,