I have been tagged by the wonderful Sharon of Mana Moon to share six things that make me happy. I am very much a happy person so this tag should be fairly simple. The rules are simple, post six things that make me happy, add the award, and pass it on to six others. So, without further ado, here are six things that make me, Laura Crosby, happy:
1. My family (husband, children, father, uncle, sister, brothers, nephews, wishing was niece (Lauren), distant cousins and the rest of my distant relatives). I love my family very much and I would be lost without them. There is not a day that goes by that I do not appreciate all of them. My family is what gives me the strength to wake up every morning and face the challenges put before me. I like to think of us as a flock of geese- when the leader is tired, he/she moves to the back of the flock to rest while another moves forward and keeps us in the right direction.
2. Gypsy & Sierra (my dogs), Happy & Maya (my cats), and Pepe La Zoom (my fish). They each have their own personality but the one thing they have in common is their love for me. Every morning I wake and every evening I get home, all of my animals and fish are wagging their tales, meowing/panting, and swimming wildly. When I am sad, Sierra always rests her head on me and looks me in the eyes as to say, “I love you, Mommy”. Every evening Happy climbs up on my chest and puts a paw on each side of my neck as is she is giving me a hug. Gypsy…weeeelllll….she is just AWLAYS excited to see me…even if I just walk in and out of a room, she gets so excited as if I had just made her day that much better. Maya, she’s a stubborn cat but she loves me dearly and always waits for me by my door when she hears my alarm clock go off. Pepe. Well, all I have to do is walk into my bedroom and he begins swimming circles and will literally swim back and forth as I walk past him. They may not be human but they all express their love like one!
3. FOOD! Yes, food. I know that most people would say I have a “food addiction” since food makes me happy. Well, maybe they are partially right HOWEVER I still enjoy trying new foods and making my favorite recipes. And if loving food is an addiction then arrest me for enjoying family and friends over great conversations and fabulous foods.
4. The beach. I LOVE the beach. I have a saying when Paul tells me I am getting on his nerves, “Just give me a PB&J (or honey) sandwich, a diet coke, and drop me off at the beach….you won’t hear a peep from me for the rest of the day!” I love the peacefulness, the serenity, and the magnificent views at the beach. It clears my mind and I think of nothing. Aaaahhhhhhhh……..peace.
5. My Etsy shop. I had played around with the idea of selling my cards but never thought I would really enjoy it. I was wrong. I was sooo very wrong! I love it and do not ever want to give it up (thank you Rocki for getting me started 0 ;-)
6. I saved one of things most precious to me, next to my family, that makes me every so happy…my friends. I told one of my friends recently that I have only a handful of true friends but I have several acquaintances. The meaning of ‘friend’ is widely taken advantage of and, sadly, ‘friend’ is just a word to many and not a meaning. So, to my friends, I do adore each of you and love you very much. You are my friend, my confidant, my heart.
So there you have it…the top six “what makes me happy”. Technically, I can tie these into one….#1 thing that makes me happy is my life. These six happy things make up my life; they make me smile every day and encourage me to keep pushing forward. I love my life and I love all of you!!
Since most of the people I know have already been given this award, I only have a few..
My newest friend, Elayne, of PupLove
Little Man Josh of Scribbles of an Ancient Soul
Damien of The Phoenix Commentaries
That's it! I hope you enjoyed learning a little more about me!
Tons of hugs,