Tuesday, November 25, 2008

MMMMMMMmmmmmmmm.....


Hot, fresh, homemade chocolate chip cookies. What could be yummier? How about buying them along with other treats on Etsy? I am opening up a "bakery" shop on Etsy. This idea came from Sharon (the fabulous Mana Moon) and I just had to roll with it. I love to bake so it just sounded perfect to me. Sharon and her family have been quite the troopers as I have recently sent them some cookie bars to try out...and not just the taste but the texture and appearance. Fortunately, they didn't get too stale. HAH! And Sharon was so sweet that she created a form to collect feedback and sent some of the cookie bars to work with her husband. I am still shocked by her generosity and, of course, she never seizes to amazed me with her creativity and kindness!!




I will not be ready to open the shop until I have perfected a way to keep the baked goodies fresh. We believe tins are the best way to go and I will be testing them out beginning Black Friday. Let me know if you are interested in trying some goodies; just send me an email with your address and I will send you some sample yummies. I would love to get more feedback. I would also love to send some international. Gee...don't I know someone who lives in Australia? heeheehee.


I was going to attempt to send pre-portioned cookie dough but the cost of shipping refrigerated/frozen items was ridiculous. Just shipping the cookies bars was a bit high but the data that was collected, a few would be willing to buy them. The cookie bars are heavy as are the Peanut Butter Jelly bars (above) and fudge brownies. But, after doing my research, it seems that people are willing to pay a little extra in shipping for homemade yummies!

I am hoping to open the shop by the 6th of December, just in time for the holiday rush. Oh boy :-O. But if it takes off and people are happy then it will be well worth it ;-)
Hope everyone has a wonderful week and enjoy your Thanksgiving with friends and family.
Hugs,
Laura

5 comments:

Angie Kelly Designs said...

omg omg omg!!!! What a fantastic idea! Go you! Uh...despite my "crash diet", I would be more than happy to be a tester-person. Hee hee! I think its a FAB idea! Have you decided on a name for the new shop? I can't wait! I will definitely absolutely positively be ordering from you darlin! Weeee!! I'm so proud of you ! ♥♥♥♥♥♥
Hugs!!

Heart of a Cowgirl said...

Excellent! I'd love to taste test some of your baked goodies and give you feed back. I'm an avid baker myself. :) Fun! Good luck with the new venture.

Hey Harriet said...

Oh what a brilliant idea! I love it! Hey if you're after taste testers I'll put my hands up. Hands are up high & waving madly! It's seriously a wonderful idea & I'm sure it will take off in a big way. Have you thought of a name yet? Can't wait until it's all set-up. How exciting! :D

Anonymous said...

Oh yes, we've been sacrificing ourselves for the betterment of all cookie eating humans, hahaha! Trust me, the pleasure has been ALL ours!! :D Oh and now I have a deadline for that new banner, Dec 5th. ;-)

Just stopping by to wish you a very happy Thanksgiving my dear sweet friend. love & hugs♥

Rocki Adams said...

My sis, the baker indeed! The whole family, friends, neighbors, co-workers... everybody loves Laura's goodies!

Congrats on opening a 2nd shop. Looks like we're becoming one big Etsy family!