Thursday, October 30, 2008
Wednesday, October 29, 2008
1. My family (husband, children, father, uncle, sister, brothers, nephews, wishing was niece (Lauren), distant cousins and the rest of my distant relatives). I love my family very much and I would be lost without them. There is not a day that goes by that I do not appreciate all of them. My family is what gives me the strength to wake up every morning and face the challenges put before me. I like to think of us as a flock of geese- when the leader is tired, he/she moves to the back of the flock to rest while another moves forward and keeps us in the right direction.
2. Gypsy & Sierra (my dogs), Happy & Maya (my cats), and Pepe La Zoom (my fish). They each have their own personality but the one thing they have in common is their love for me. Every morning I wake and every evening I get home, all of my animals and fish are wagging their tales, meowing/panting, and swimming wildly. When I am sad, Sierra always rests her head on me and looks me in the eyes as to say, “I love you, Mommy”. Every evening Happy climbs up on my chest and puts a paw on each side of my neck as is she is giving me a hug. Gypsy…weeeelllll….she is just AWLAYS excited to see me…even if I just walk in and out of a room, she gets so excited as if I had just made her day that much better. Maya, she’s a stubborn cat but she loves me dearly and always waits for me by my door when she hears my alarm clock go off. Pepe. Well, all I have to do is walk into my bedroom and he begins swimming circles and will literally swim back and forth as I walk past him. They may not be human but they all express their love like one!
3. FOOD! Yes, food. I know that most people would say I have a “food addiction” since food makes me happy. Well, maybe they are partially right HOWEVER I still enjoy trying new foods and making my favorite recipes. And if loving food is an addiction then arrest me for enjoying family and friends over great conversations and fabulous foods.
4. The beach. I LOVE the beach. I have a saying when Paul tells me I am getting on his nerves, “Just give me a PB&J (or honey) sandwich, a diet coke, and drop me off at the beach….you won’t hear a peep from me for the rest of the day!” I love the peacefulness, the serenity, and the magnificent views at the beach. It clears my mind and I think of nothing. Aaaahhhhhhhh……..peace.
5. My Etsy shop. I had played around with the idea of selling my cards but never thought I would really enjoy it. I was wrong. I was sooo very wrong! I love it and do not ever want to give it up (thank you Rocki for getting me started 0 ;-)
6. I saved one of things most precious to me, next to my family, that makes me every so happy…my friends. I told one of my friends recently that I have only a handful of true friends but I have several acquaintances. The meaning of ‘friend’ is widely taken advantage of and, sadly, ‘friend’ is just a word to many and not a meaning. So, to my friends, I do adore each of you and love you very much. You are my friend, my confidant, my heart.
So there you have it…the top six “what makes me happy”. Technically, I can tie these into one….#1 thing that makes me happy is my life. These six happy things make up my life; they make me smile every day and encourage me to keep pushing forward. I love my life and I love all of you!!
Since most of the people I know have already been given this award, I only have a few..
My newest friend, Elayne, of PupLove
Little Man Josh of Scribbles of an Ancient Soul
Damien of The Phoenix Commentaries
That's it! I hope you enjoyed learning a little more about me!
Tons of hugs,
Monday, October 27, 2008
I spent my birthday hiking at Sabino Canyon in Tucson, AZ. with my husband (one of my favorite places to hike) and then had a fabulous dinner with some friends at The Melting Pot; it is a fondue style restaurant. I love Sabino Canyon for its diverse scenery…you will be hiking along a desert path and turn the corner to white sand and lush green trees. It is absolutely amazing. Here are a few pics I took along the way:
We did have a few visitors along the way-
Dinner was a little less hazardous. I wish I had pictures to share but we were having so much fun we forgot to snap a few! For those who are not familiar with The Melting Pot, it is a fondue style restaurant where YOU actually cook the food. I’ve seen another restaurant that puts the cooking method at your table but they put the food in it instead of you. Not at The Melting Pot (geesh, one would think I’m advertising for them). Here you choose your cooking method, the foods you want to cook, and YOU do the cooking…or should I say fonduing? There are several cheese fondues to choose from for the hors d’oevres and the chocolate fondues are to die for! OOOOOOH MAN!!!!!!!! I just ate dinner but I think I’m getting hungry again!!!! LOL!
So, this was how I spent my birthday weekend and had an absolute blast. Even though I came home with a minor injury, it was all worth it! Thank you, again, to everyone for the beautiful greetings ;-)
Love and hugs,
Wednesday, October 22, 2008
Monday, October 20, 2008
Since Paul and I have dated, one of our goals is to top the others prank….he got me this year :-0
Most of you know me well enough that when I got a good look at what Paul had written on my cake I busted up with HUGE, LOUD laughter!! What a riot!!!! To top it off, he told the guy at the bakery, “Oh, and could you please put a heart on it so she knows I love her.” AAHAAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Oh gosh I am still laughing just thinking about it :-D But, since he took that extra step to call me what MANY others have, I couldn’t let the cake have all the glory….Debi knows this look quite well (hah…think Jack In The Box, Debi! MWAHAHAHAHA)
Ok, enough of the cake (aaaaahahahahahahaha). My loving husband and two handsome boys took me out for an early birthday dinner this evening; this was the only evening that all four of us could be together for dinner this week. They took me to one of my favorite burger joints, Reb Robin (yyyuummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm).
We had a great time with lots of yummy foods, tons of laughs, and good times. Oh, how I wish these moments would last forever!
So, that’s it. A crazy cake for a crazy lady. HAHAHA!!!!
Sunday, October 19, 2008
I wanted to share with you my little miracle, Happy. This picture was taken this morning…she was actually facing the wall before I snapped the picture. (pardon the quality of the pic…it was dark and I was using my cell phone camera) I’m sure most of you are thinking right about now, “So that cat is facing a wall…” What most of you do not know is that Happy has only one eye of which she is also blind. It amazes me that she walked up to the wall, never touching it, and knew to stop. What also amazes me is that this is an area we have never seen her rest at before, so I question why? Just behind her are the stairs…normally she comes down the stairs and makes a hard left, walking the same path every time. So, again, why did she go straight?
So what makes Happy such a miracle other than she is blind and has only one eye? She, along with her sister and brother, were found in a pallet of roofing tile when she was approximately 1 week old; the mother was nowhere to be found. The loader was about to pick up the pallet of tile with the fork lift when he had caught movement where the forks go and, being a snake lover, he thought it was a snake so backed up and lowered the forks. The three kittens were spared that day.
It was decided that the Humane Society would not be called and homes would be found for the trio…her sister and brother were snatched that very same day but Happy was left alone. Because of her handicap (having only one eye which was only 1/3 developed as it were), the crude and selfish bastards begun calling her names like “Uno” and “Cyclops”. I knew that she was not going to have the quality of life she deserved so I took her home. Instantly, my 100 pound Rottweiler wagged her little nub, sniffed her, and claimed her as a friend. Happy, so little and barely able to walk, looked up at me and that is when I thought of her name; she has a permanent smile on her face.
She was not always blind…she began to lose her sight when she was around 6 months old; it didn’t take long for her to become fully blind. Yet she walks around the house as if she see’s everything around her and Sierra, my oldest Rotti, still claims her. Every time I sit on my couch she quickly finds her spot on my lap and, when I am in my stamp studio, she curls up behind me on my chair. I wonder sometimes what would have happened if I did not take her home and it makes my heart hurt, but all I have to do is look at her and the pain goes away.
So, believe in miracles because they happen every day.
Thursday, October 16, 2008
Yep...the hubby shared what we thought was a bat with allergies. He had bee sneezing since Saturday but it made sense because he had trimmed the plants and tree plus it was slightly breezy for a few days (hah...that sounds like a weather report). Today will be sunny....LOL!!! Anywho, last night he started a fever which has basically been up and down all night. In the mean time, lil' Laura is snoozing off and on because I feel the distinct ouchness of a sore throat. By the time I woke this morning, the throat is even more tender and I'm sporting a stuffy nose and, quite frankly, I feel like dog poop. Oh but do not feel bad for me. I'm sure my orneryness brought this on. HAHA!
My day shall continue and I will go to work. Why, you ask? So I can infect everyone in that office because the manager has stated that absences are unacceptable during the first 90 days of employment and missing a day is grounds for termination. Hah. The woman cannot show an ounce of leadership yet can stand by this rule. Maybe I will stay home and get myself fired. LOL!
So that's it for today. I would love to chat more but I woke up late (oops) and must get going with my day. I leave you with a great joke:
- For sale- brand new parachute. Used once, never opened, small stain.
LOL!!! Terrible, I know ;-)
Tuesday, October 14, 2008
I do not believe I dislike the job but I will say I am not fond of some of the people, as you all know. But something happened today that gave me hope, not just in the position but with some of my coworkers. Maybe, just maybe a couple of them might actually see ME as a friendly person and not their enemy. OK, so MAYBE I might have given a few of them the impression that I am out to get them….err....FINE…so I verbally scared the poop out of a couple of them…that does not mean I am a terrible person. I prefer to WORK when I am at work and not play like I am a 2nd grader on recess. Well, back to today- it was a pleasant day, I got to learn something and I even got some respect from some coworkers. Really…that is all I ever expected from this place. Huh…maybe I will lose the title “Ice Queen” after all ;-)
That is all for today. I hope everyone has a fantastic Tuesday….and you are being forewarned now………………..I AM OFF ALL DAY WEDNESDAY! BWA HAHAHAHAHAHA! MWA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! AAAAAAH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHh eheheh (*cough-cough*).
Saturday, October 11, 2008
Friday, October 10, 2008
Wednesday, October 8, 2008
Tuesday, October 7, 2008
For those asking, the answer is still nooooooooooooooooooo, I am not giving up my ETSY shop! I have worked out a wonderful schedule that will allow me to work full time, attend my yoga practice, and pay plenty of attention to my family, friends, and Etsy shop. It sound like a busy schedule because it is and I like it this way. I have tried to stay busy during my time off with my shop, doing “things” around the house, and harassing all of my wonderful friends on your blogs…but that wasn’t enough. I want more money (still waiting for Angie to pay my tab at Rocki’s shop- LOL!) and I want to be bus ALL DAY. Maybe I’m nuts but I’m a nut who is not ready to sit still yet :-D
So, for the first time in 10 years I will punch a time clock tomorrow! I think I am actually excited about it…with a time clock comes less responsibility ;-D WOO HOO!!! I’m not used to taking a lunch at work, unless you call eating at your desk while you work a lunch, so clocking out and eating in a lunch room is going to feet strange for me. Gosh, I feel like a kid going to school for the first time! HAH!
Well, here I go back to work…………again :-D
Monday, October 6, 2008
The email I received was a chain letter telling me how blessed I can be IF I send it to X amount of people. REALLY???? So, in order for God to love me I have to send it to 15 people??? What if I do not know 15 people? Will God no longer love me? Pff!! The people who right this (insert bad word here) make me sick.
Here’s a good one- Send this to 5 people in the next hour and you will get a surprise in 2 days. Send it to 10 people in the next hour and your surprise will come immediately. HUH?? What kind of surprise? I do love chocolate cake…can I pick my surprise??? HAH!
I will admit, I have forward some…SOME…and I normally send them because, most of the time, there is an absolutely adorable picture attached and I will always make a comment such as, “Ignore the chain but check out the pic!”. I am, however, a fan of the friendship chains…a simple chain letter encouraging you to forward it to a friend as a simple hello. No, you won’t get a million dollars in the next 20 seconds and God won’t require you to send it to a thousand people…just a simple, “I’m thinking of you”.
Because of these chain letters, I tend to have a hissy-fit every couple of years which causes me to write my own chain letter…enjoy!
AAAAHHHHH HA HAH AHAHAHAHA! This is an awesome picture! Can you imagine the amount of yummy goods I could fit in my mouth?? Hey...no comment, Debi!! LOL!!
Hugs and more hugs,
(I'm not done with you, Sister!!!)
Sunday, October 5, 2008
Friday, October 3, 2008
I was “tagged” today by a very special friend, Sharon from Mana Moon. I spent 15 minutes crying after reading her “blob” (inside joke that I just KNOW will make Sharon smile) and not because I feel sorry for her but because I didn’t think it was possible to love her more. She is a courageous and strong woman who inspires me every day!! Though we have never met in person, I feel as if we live right down the road from one another and I appreciate the bond we have hat makes me feel this way.
1. When I was 9 years old, myself and two friends were collecting empty cans for a school project; we hit all of our neighbors and even our local grocery store (I was always a determined child). On the way home we passed my brother’s friends house and decided I would ask them if they had any empty cans. It was a condo so I had to enter a courtyard to knock on the door. My two friends did not know these people so they stayed outside the fence...I should have never knocked on that door. Harold Fligg (yes, I am using his real name), the boys father, opened the door and listened to my request for empty cans. “Of course I have empty cans. Why don’t you come inside.” My instinct told me not to go in so I didn’t. He asked me again and when I said no that is when he grabbed me pulling me inside him home. To this day, I still do not know how I did it but I escaped the son-of-a-bitch but we left me scars on my right arm and left wrist from his fingernails. It seems that Mr. Fligg had just been released from prison for child molestation and the courts felt mercy on him since it was close to the holidays and gave him one year additional probation.
2. I have incredible patience but I find that once my patience has been worn I do not hold back what I am thinking. That’s not always a bad thing buuuut I struggle with cushioning the blow. I have always been a matter-of-fact person and stupid people, yes STUPID people, drive me crazy…to the point that I honest to God think I should get help! I know this doesn’t sound like a big deal but it bothers the hell out of me. Here’s a good example: my ex-fill in-boss was an absolute dumb@ss that literally sat at his desk and would fall asleep while I ran an entire department along with several installation crews. We constantly bickered with one another, then one day he asked me, “Why don’t you like me…” (I can hear Debi snickering already)…I tried to soften the damn blow but couldn’t so I told him what I was thinking (and please pardon the language you are about to read)…I told him, “Because you are a f’ing idiot and a lazy piece of sh!t. You are absolutely worthless yet I am impressed everyday that you find your way to work…I guess you need to sleep sometime…” Yep. I said that. Honestly, I do not mean to offend anyone but isn’t the point of this tag to be honest?? No, I was not fired from my job :-)
3. I am the one that found my mother dead in her bed. It is not a secret to the family and only a couple of my friends know. I don’t talk much about finding her because I am afraid that my dad will blame himself because he called me that day and asked if I had heard from her and if I would go check on her. Well, in reality, Paul and I have always blamed ourselves. We were at the house earlier that morning doing some light cleaning (Mom had not been feeling well so we would go over once a week and help out). I left to do some errands while Paul finished the house. When I came back to pick him up, she was still in bed so I thought it would be best to not disturb her. Later that day, Paul stopped by again on his way to work to check on her. He heard some noise in the bedroom so he left thinking she was up and getting dressed. It was shortly after that my dad called. To this day we believe that if….IF we would have just gone into the bedroom she would be alive today.
4. I am 37 years old…well, October 25th I will be ;-), and to this day I literally am afraid to let my feet or legs hang over the bed in fear that someone is under their and will grab them!! Really!!!
5. I am afraid to take new medicine in fear it will kill me…yet I am trying to get into nursing school. I don’t know what else to say about that.
6. I say bad words…a lot. I say “sh!t” every single day. I will even drop the f’ bomb when pushed. A-hole is another common word I use. I do my best to not say it around the kids but I admit I have slipped a time or two, or three. But, just because I say a bad word does not change who I am!
So there you have it- six secrets about me. Take it and run with it…if you come back then I know you are my friend.
Now I have to tag 5 people but I do not have five people to tag…three of them have already been tagged!! So, here are the lucky two:
Rosebud Collection- The Mum and The Rose
Harriet- Hey Harriet
I hope you take this to heart, ladies, and know that regardless the secrets, I love you dearly!
Thursday, October 2, 2008
Later that day I left for lunch and returned to this picture taped to my monitor with a sticky note that read,”We didn’t think you were hungry after the large breakfast you ate this morning”. LOL!!! I still have that sticky and I still have the picture. I would have shared the original pic BUT my version has a, um, well…a not so nice exclamation stated before “Pete” ;-) The gentlman who decided to challenge me? We became very good friends!
Hope you enjoyed the story…and, Debi, ssssshhhhhh! Let’s just keep THIS incedent out there and the rest to us ;-) LOL!!!