It sounds gross (because it is) and I'm thinking this must be a man thing?!? BUT I am the fool who attends every year keeping score and taking pictures. I do admit that this year was a little exciting because Ryan joined the contest (Ryan is my oldest son's best friend and a very dear family friend).
I will show pictures!!! No worries, I have only posted the "clean" pics so you don't loose your appetite!
- This first picture is of the three boys (from left to right): My youngest son Cody, my oldest son Corbin, and Ryan (we call him Gigantor. The boy stands 6'2". That's a giant next to me at 5'1")
- I cannot forget a picture of me!! My son snapped this one during a brief grazing break. I couldn't help but post it because I love the expression on my face. Whatever it is you are thinking of what I might be thinking....you're probably right. Notice the hair pulled back...Debi can tell you that once the hair is pulled back I'm ready to GO! I cannot tell you how many games of Jeweled I played or how many cups of coffee I drank , but in the end, I'm the sucker who agreed to attend :-)
- They are all smiling here after mowing down a gazillion shrimp (love the bibs)...but when the camera was put in its case, the smiles quickly disappeared and out came the sparkling mineral water!!
- Finally, the big winner...my husband. YEP, he won. Not only did he win but he beat his score from last year; I would only know this because I am the lucky score keeper! Since he was the winner, I felt it would be nice for me to pose with him. Again, notice the look on my face... it is a look of exhaustion yet joy because NOW we can leave!!!!
A total of 610 shrimp were eaten tonight between Paul and the boys with Paul in first place eating 175 shrimp, Ryan in second with 172, Corbin in third with 138, and Cody took last with 125.
- I think the real winner was the restaurant! What you are about to see may be ugly so, if you have a weak stomach, look away.....OK, it's just the receipt but it sounded funny!! The waitress said that this is the longest receipt she has ever printed. So, for your viewing pleasure, here is all 18 inches of the receipt!
So, there it is. Grossness at its finest ;-) Did I have a good time? For the most part, yes. I know, I am contradicting myself a bit, but it was spending time with my family that I enjoyed. I look at these crazy pictures and I cannot help but laugh...and almost cry. Corbin and Ryan will move away to college next year and Cody is not far behind. As much as I find it gross, I can only hope that this contests continues for many years to come :-)
Here is to life...live every moment.