Thursday, August 28, 2008

So It’s Time To Go


Yes, it is time for my oldest nephew to head off to his brothers before leaving back home to Portland, Oregon. Oh how I will miss him so much! For the past six days, my home has been filled with extra laughter and excitement; watching movies, playing volleyball in the pool with an inflatable dolphin (yes, I said dolphin) and beach balls, roaming the streets for the closest Starbucks, competing with the Wii Sports, and so much more! I even made some extra delicious meals which, due to REALLY high calories, I do not make that often such as: lasagna (homemade pasta and sauce!), cheese enchiladas, refried beans (yes, homemade), Spanish rice, and tons more yummy in your tummy stuff!

How can I forget the scare tactics? Oh, yes, my darling nephew scared the daylights out of me!! I was working away in the kitchen and the little brat snuck up on me and scared me! How, you ask? Well, he said, “Hello Laura”. I know, I know…I hear you all now, “That’s it????” Well, YES, that’s it! He said it in a very scary voice AND I was alone in the kitchen; total horror flick moment. But, one thing we love to do together is watch scary movies…and scare each other. Bwa ha ha!!

OK, now that he is no longer a brat, it is time to head down stairs and get ready. In one hour, Paul, Corbin, Cody, Jeremy, and myself will meet his mother (my awesome sister) and Mark for one last fabulous dinner together until he comes back to visit again. We will sit around the table and laugh as we share the moments of his visit; tears will fall but our hearts will be kept warm. These are the memories that keep us strong and motivated. They are the memories that make us smile day after day, month after month. Yes, we will keep in touch over the internet and cell phone, but we cannot wait for the grand reunion when he comes back home again!

I will leave you all with this quote: “We do not remember days; we remember moments.” -Cesare Pavese


Have a beautiful day,

Laura

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful posting my friend and I share you sorrows and joys! Enjoy your love, laughter and tears as I know you will!

Angie Kelly Designs said...

What a lovely post Laura! I understand more than you know how much you'll cherish these moments. I wish you guys all the happiness they bring. Sending hugs to you and Rocki

Sweets 'N Greets said...

Thank you Sharon and Angie! We did have a wonderful time...tons of great food and LAUGHTER!

We did take pictures...so be ready because there will be another post coming soon :-)

Hey, Debi...I love you! Smile, because it won't be long before Jeremy is back to visit again :-)

Rosebud Collection said...

Just a lovely blog..Family is such an important thing..It was nice you had a chance to spend time with him and what beautiful memories..

Sweets 'N Greets said...

Thank you, Rosebud. We had a blast! I downloaded some of our pictures from this past week...my stomache still hurts from laughing :-)

Rocki Adams said...

Oh wow Laura! I didn't even check blogs for the past couple days and look at you!

I'm trying to type through the tears. I'm so glad that Jeremy was able to spend time with you guys, especially the boys - you know how much he loves his nephews!

Dinner was very good & we had a great time. Okay, I need a tissue. I miss my son already!

Luv n hugs sis!